7.62 Spectre Brake Install Instructions
7.62mm Spectre Muzzle Brake Instructions
- 62mm 5/8-24TPI Muzzle Brake
- 5/8” Buna-N O-ring
- 9/16” x 11/16” Buna-N O-ring
- 9/16” x 3/4” Buna-N O-ring
Install Instructions (O-ring locking):
- Ensure firearm is unloaded and the chamber is clear of any ammunition.
- Starting with the 9/16” x 3/4” Buna-N O-ring place the O-ring on the threaded muzzle.
- Screw on muzzle brake.
- Level the muzzle brake with the action. It should be snug.
- If the muzzle brake is not snug switch the O-ring for the 5/8” or the 9/16 x 11/16” O-ring.
If you are using the muzzle brake on a semi-automatic firearm such as an AR-10 or XCR, or you wish for a more permeant install you should use a 5/8” crush washer in place of the O-ring.
Using an O-ring to install the muzzle brake allows for it’s easy removal and re-install. Something which is not possible with a crush washer.
- Muzzle brakes make firearms much louder! Never shoot a firearm without proper hearing protection.
- Do not shoot the firearm if the muzzle brake is not properly secured.
- Do not grasp or hold the muzzle brake while shooting the firearm. This will cause serious injury or death.
- The 7.62mm Spectre Muzzle Brake is designed to function with 30 caliber ammunition only. Such as 308 Winchester, 30-06 Springfield, or similar rounds which employ 0.308” diameter or smaller projectiles.
If you have any questions regarding our products, please feel free to contact us at: info@SpectreBallistics.com